Monday, November 2, 2009

Change

I am going through a lot change right now. I'm transitioning from the 9th grade school to the high school. I'm losing friends then gaining other ones. I'm fighting with people I shouldn't be fighting with. I'm finding out what's good and bad here. I'm realizing that not everything goes the way I want it. I'm realizing that people lie to get what they want. I'm learning how to be fifteen. Change is everywhere. Good and bad, it's all around us. But what I've started to see is that things don't change all the time. People do. "Sometimes the smallest change can change your life forever." This is very true. I'll start out with my story from 8th grade. I had these 7 best friends, all in the 7th and 6th grade. We were together all the time. We had parties at lunch at school for no reason, we laughed till we cried. We were perfect. Then that dreadful day of 8th grade awards day came. I was the only 8th grader of that group of friends, so I would soon be leaving them for the 9th grade school. We promised to stay friends. At least I thought we all did. The second month of school that fall, none of them talked to me, except for one. They all turned against me and talked about me behind my back and said how bad of a friend I was. Lies. All lies. That was the hardest thing I have ever gone through. I called them and fought with them day in and day out. I never really have made up with them, and it's been nearly a year and a half. It was the smallest change, but it changed my life for good. I lost 6 people I thought were my long term best friends. Another life changing small change is switching from middle school to high school. We had three middle schools in my town all merging in 9th grade. I was scared to death that my school would be outcasts, because only 100 people from our school were going in, and 500 from another were coming. But I am so glad I went to Rosa Scott that year. Most of my true friends are from that school, and all it took was a little change. Change is everywhere, wether it be good or bad. Change is an inevitable thing in life, and we just have to learn to deal with it. Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment